Accountancy - Online Option for Second Degree Candidates
The School of Accountancy offers an online Bachelor of Science (BS) in Accountancy for candidates seeking professional advancement or a change in their career paths to accounting. This unique program combines traditional campus instruction with modern technology providing the Auburn campus experience to online students.
Our traditional campus accounting classes are filmed in smart classrooms using state of the art technology. Online students view their lectures via streaming video either live or at a time convenient to their work schedules. Since students are receiving the same instruction and AACSB accredited degree as their on-campus peers, they are held to the same rigor and academic standards.
Admission to the online BS in Accountancy program is limited to second degree seeking candidates only who meet the following criteria:
- Completed either an AACSB-accredited bachelor's degree in business or an AACSB-accredited MBA from a U.S. institution. Students with MBAs who do not have a business undergraduate degree must have completed courses equivalent to the required business prerequisites.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have either a USA or APO address
Admitted students will receive a waiver of the university and college core classes and be required to complete only 30 semester hours in accounting. The admissions process and advising is administered by Andee Hodo, Assistant Director of Online Programs in the School of Accountancy. For more information, please contact Mrs. Andee Hodo at firstname.lastname@example.org or (334) 844-6207. Completed applications will be considered on a competitive basis by the Committee on Undergraduate Study in Accountancy.
Required Courses: (21 hours, 3 credit hours each)
- ACCT 3113 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 3123 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 3213 Cost Accounting
- ACCT 3313 Business Processes & Internal Controls
- ACCT 3513 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 4313 Auditing & Assurance Services
- ACCT 4413 Income Tax I
Accounting Electives: (9 hours - choose three classes)
- ACCT 5133 Advanced Accounting Topics
- ACCT 5423 Income Tax II
- ACCT 5613 Governmental & Not-For-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 5703 Advanced Business Law
The student's plan of study must be approved by Andee Hodo, Assistant Director of Online Programs, at email@example.com or (334) 844-6207. Students interested in meeting the educational requirements for the Uniform CPA Examination while pursuing the online BS in Accountancy will be advised by Mrs. Hodo to accomplish this goal.
Students who are working full-time may take six semester hours per semester and may complete the program in five semesters or two years. Students who are not working may complete the program more quickly. For more information, please visit http://harbert.auburn.edu/acct.