Nurse Educator - Graduate Certificate
The purpose of the post-master's nurse educator certificate program is to provide specialization in nursing education for nurses who already hold a master's degree in nursing.
- Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) or Masters in Nursing (MN or MS) from an accredited nursing program
- Current unencumbered license as a registered nurse in the United States
- Nursing GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale in the Masters Program
- Good academic standing from the last university attended
- Successful completion of Advanced Pathophysiology, Advanced Pharmacology, and Advanced Physical Assessment with 3.0 or higher within the last 5 years
- Successful completion (C or better) of an undergraduate statistics course
- Three professional references
- Minimum 1-year clinical experience
- Professional goal statement
- Submission of all official transcripts
- Current resume or curriculum vitae
School of Nursing Specific Admission and Progression Information
- If applicant is a student in a MSN program at time of application, the applicant must submit a request for waiver of the MSN and NP Certification admission requirements with application to the Graduate Program Director. If waiver is approved, the applicant must complete the MSN in good standing before admission and must obtain the NP Certification during the first semester of study. These students will be admitted as provisional/conditional until the NP Certification is obtained. An official transcript indicating completion of the MSN and documentation of NP Certification must be provided to AUSON in order to remove the provisional/conditional status. If a waiver is obtained, these applicants will be considered based on their GPA on their current transcript.
- Students may be interviewed by the Graduate Admission, Progression, and Graduation (APG) Committee and other faculty and/or community members.
- Students must complete the intent to enroll form and required materials by the date indicated on the offer at admission or their seat may be given to another applicant.
- Students are required to provide credentialing documents including a background check and drug screen. All credentialing materials required by Auburn University and the School of Nursing must be completed before the first day of classes.
- To progress through the program, all AUSON graduate students must receive a grade of at least a B in all courses. Students earning any two course grades of less than a B will be dismissed from the graduate program.
|Nurse Educator Specific Courses|
|NURS 7326||Curriculum Development and Evaluation||3|
|NURS 7266||Nurse Educator: Transition to a Faculty Role||3|
|NURS 7816||Nursing Education Practicum||3|