Accountancy — Online Option for Second Degree Candidates
The School of Accountancy offers an online Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) in Accountancy for candidates seeking professional advancement or a change in their career paths to accounting. This unique program combines traditional campus instruction with modern technology providing the Auburn campus experience to online students.
Our traditional campus accounting classes are filmed in smart classrooms using state of the art technology. Online students view their lectures via streaming video either live or at a time convenient to their work schedules. Since students are receiving the same instruction and AACSB accredited degree as their campus peers, they are held to the same rigor and academic standards.
Admission to the online BSBA in Accountancy program is limited to second degree seeking candidates only who meet the following criteria:
- Completed either an AACSB-accredited bachelor's degree in business or an AACSB-accredited MBA from a U.S. institution. Students with MBAs who do not have a business undergraduate degree must have completed courses equivalent to the required business prerequisites.
- Must be a U.S. citizen and have either a USA or APO address
Admitted students will receive a waiver of the university and college core classes and be required to complete only 30 semester hours in accounting. The admissions process and advising is administered by the Office of Graduate & Online Programs in the School of Accountancy. For more information, please contact Mrs. Andee Hodo, Director of Graduate & Online Programs, at email@example.com or (334) 844-6207. Completed applications will be considered on a competitive basis by the Committee on Undergraduate Study in Accountancy.
Required Courses: (21 hours, 3 credit hours each)
- ACCT 5110 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACCT 5120 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACCT 5210 Cost Accounting
- ACCT 5510 Accounting Information Systems
- ACCT 5520 Accounting Analytics
- ACCT 5300 Auditing & Assurance Services
- ACCT 5410 Income Tax I
Accounting Electives: (9 hours - choose three classes)
- ACCT 5130 Advanced Accounting Topics
- ACCT 5420 Income Tax II
- ACCT 5610 Governmental & Not-For-Profit Accounting
- ACCT 5700 Advanced Business Law
The student's plan of study must be approved by Mrs. Andee Hodo, Director of Graduate & Online Programs in the School of Accountancy, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (334) 844-6207. Students interested in meeting the educational requirements for the Uniform CPA Examination while pursuing the online BSBA in Accountancy will be advised by Mrs. Hodo to accomplish this goal.
Students who are working full-time may take six semester hours per semester and may complete the program in five semesters or two years. Students who are not working may complete the program more quickly. For more information, please visit https://harbert.auburn.edu/degrees-programs/undergraduate/online-programs/bsba-accountancy-online-second-degree/index.html.