Financial Aid

The Office of Student Financial Services at Auburn University provides financial assistance to students who need aid to attend the university. Students seeking assistance are required to complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) each year. The FAFSA is available for the new aid year beginning each October. Students should apply as early as possible in order to maximize eligibility because many funds are limited. Counselors are available each weekday from 7:45 a.m.–4:45 p.m. in 203 Martin Hall. Application links and instructions are available on the Web at

Federal aid includes grants, loans, and part-time employment.


Federal Pell Grants are available to eligible undergraduate students who demonstrate exceptional need. Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants are available, in limited number, to eligible undergraduates with the greatest financial need.


Federal Subsidized and Unsubsidized Loans provide long-term, low interest loans to students. The Health Professions Loan Program makes available, in limited number, long-term loans for students in Pharmacy and Veterinary Medicine. Federal PLUS loans are also available for eligible parent borrowers of dependent students.


The Federal Work-Study Program provides part-time employment, in limited number, for students who demonstrate financial need.


The Scholarship Office is located in 108 Martin Hall and on the Web at

Graduate Assistantships

Graduate students may be eligible for teaching and research assistantships and traineeships. Information is available from the department of the student’s major field.