Structural Design in Structural Engineering - Graduate Certificate
The overall objective of the program is to provide interdisciplinary graduate‐level education for those seeking advanced professional knowledge and skills in Structural Design in Structural Engineering, who are not enrolled in a graduate degree program.
This Graduate Certificate Program is built on top of the successful Engineering Online Program within the Samuel Ginn College of Engineering, which was ranked highly in U.S. News and World Reports for Best Online Engineering Programs. It is an on‐campus equivalent education program that combines traditional instruction with modern delivery methods to offer graduate studies beyond Auburn’s campus.
The program is structured to advance the working engineer’s knowledge and skills in the rapidly changing field of the structural design. It deals with advanced graduate courses related to structural design for a wide variety of structural systems and under both static and dynamic loading. Typical problems include:
· Design of buildings and other structures using multiple types of construction materials (steel, reinforced concrete, prestressed concrete, masonry, and timber)
· Advanced design of structures under both statically and dynamically applied loads (gravity, wind, seismic, and blast)
· Design of both building and bridge structures for the expected service and extreme event demands
At a Glance
· The program requires students to take four related graduate courses (12 credit hours).
· Students attending courses online have the same professors as their on‐campus peers.
· Students can access lectures online through a live feed or at their convenience via streaming video.
· The online schedule allows for flexibility to maintain a career while completing the program.
Structural Design courses are taught by Auburn’s outstanding Structural Engineering faculty.