Appeals of Suspension

Students who incur Academic Suspension under the rules detailed in this Bulletin may appeal the decision to the Academic Appeals Committee if they believe extraordinary circumstances merit an exception to the rules. In general, a student who has been dismissed from the University may appeal their dismissal only after one calendar year has elapsed. In rare instances, students on dismissal who have a grade point average of 1.85, are within 18 credit hours of graduation, and who demonstrate the appropriate changes in attitude necessary to be ready to complete their degree requirements may appeal directly to the Associate Provost for Undergraduate Studies. Students wishing to begin any Academic Appeals process should contact the Office of the Registrar to begin the process.