Veterans Resource Center
Veteran students and/or their dependents may qualify for Federal VA Education benefits. To determine eligibility, contact the VA Education Center at 1-888-442-4551.
- For veterans or dependents of disabled veterans, apply online at www.ebenefits.va.gov or www.vets.gov
Enrollment Certification for Federal VA Education Benefits
- Auburn University Veterans Resource Center (VRC) must have all appropriate documents stating student’s eligibility for Federal VA Education benefits. List of required forms is available on the VRC website: veterans.auburn.edu
- Only courses required for student’s declared major at Auburn University will be certified to the VA.
- Repeat courses to obtain a better passing grade will not be certified to the VA.
- Additional electives not required for student’s declared degree plan will be certified to the VA.
- Minors not required as part of my program of study will not be certified to the VA.
- Students must attend all classes in which he/she is enrolled. Any change in enrollment (add/drop classes, major changes) will be reported to the VA.
- Class beginning and ending dates, as well as the number of credit hours registered, have a direct impact on the student’s monthly housing allowance (BAH).
- If a student wishes to not be certified for a particular semester, students will notify the VRC via email before the beginning of term at firstname.lastname@example.org
Federal VA Education Benefits:
● Chapter 30: Montgomery GI Bill®️ (MGIB-AD)
■ Chapter 31: Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment (VR&E)
■ Chapter 33: Post 9/11
■ Chapter 35: Dependents Education Assistance (DEA)
■ Chapter 1606: Montgomery GI Bill®️-Select Reserve (MGIB-SR)
■ Members of the Select Reserves and National Guard who enlisted, re-enlisted or exhausted his/her enlistment period of six years after 1 July 1985 may be eligible for this program
Priority Registration is given to groups of students who fall under certain categories, including veterans. The priority status must be recognized by the Registrar’s Office when the time tickets are set in order for the student’s special registration status to be activated.